Sunday, August 8, 2010

Lost Watch

                I think when people own things for a while -- a part of themselves gets printed on those things & vice versa -- like fingerprints. My watch not only left imprints on my wrist but also on my Heart. First, Few things why I love watches :

24/7 
               What is first thing you see when you open your eyes in the morning? .. Watch, What is last thing you see before going to sleep?..Watch, What is the thing that you see frequently in between those is again a watch.The one thing that works constantly all the time and deserves the word 24/7 is watch again.

Synchronization
             Imagine two people dancing in sync... and now a group of 10 dancing in sync...what if its 100 people in sync... its just amazing as the number increases. Do u know almost a billion watches dance in sync in India.

Heart Beat
             Seconds hand is like a heart for the watch. You need a stethoscope to know the heart beat of a person, for a watch you just need to see the seconds hand. Keep a watch near your ear, you can hear its beautiful heart beat.Your heart may skip a beat sometimes but a watch never does.

Keeping track of a Devil
             A scale measures something that you can see.An anemometer measures speed of wind which can be felt.A watch on the other hand measures something which you cant see, feel nor you can understand definition of it.A watch keeps track of the devil named Time, which is priceless and cant be reverted.

Can a watch be wrong?
              No, watches cannot be worng they are just not in the right place :P ..... Watches in different countries follow different standards of time like IST,GMT etc., so watches do have nationality and a watch can never be wrong, as I told just not in the right place.It can die but again it is correct atleast twice a day!!!
              In simple words, If gods greatest creation is Egg as I told you in previous post then the Man's greatest creation is watch.This the reason why I love watches.

My lost Watch

            3PM 21st July 2007, I found my perfect match in a Titan Showroom. I dont know I still have this feeling that she is like a part of me. My love for her grew with time. I took her to the classes, to the pool and to the beaches, I Never felt alone. She used to be next to me in my bed while I am sleeping, ticking silently. I felt her love is unconditional towards me and I too started to love her unconditionally. She never complained and ticked all along whatever I did. I Never left her alone until the day that made us separated. Life goes on...
         
             Now I have an expensive and beautiful one which i would exchange for my lost one in a heart beat without even thinking. Where ever she might be, I hope she keeps on ticking longer than my heart beats. In the memories of my love.


Signing off for the day
Murali


P.S: Just try to remember may be a bike,or a teddy bear or even your blanket that you might have loved like this, I think you do. Share your memories of loved ones with me. 



2 comments:

  1. I too love my watch. I just can't go out without it. So many guys in iit never wore a watch and I used to tell them: "Adadaniki undavalasinadhi batta undakoodanidhi atha. Magavadiki undavalasinadhi watchu undakoodanidhi scotchu".

    And why sthreelingam instead of napumsakalingam for a watch? Effect of talking about ships everyday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. U are anyways gettin a new love! ur bike! so..let go...im sure u might have mixed it in ur omlette and ate it off!

    ReplyDelete